Job Description: Busser
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Summary of Position: The primary responsibility is to reset tables in a speedy, professional and effective manner as guests leave the restaurant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Clear tables after guests leave. Take tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
- Between settings, promptly clean table tops, chairs, and booths. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletop.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate requests to the server as needed.
- Assist Server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Clean menus of food and stains.
- Thanks, guests as they leave and invite them to return. Relay guest comments or suggestions to the manager on duty.
- Assisting Host/Hostess as needed by welcoming and warmly greeting guests upon arrival, take reservations and manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to tables.
- Perform other duties and support to other restaurant staff as assigned by the manager on duty.
- Experience in a restaurant setting preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate organizational skills.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5-8 hours).
- Must have good grooming habits and appearance standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
- Ability to be friendly and cheerful; interact easily with strangers. Positive personality.
- Be flexible and willing to assist as needed to ensure all restaurant standards are met.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.