Job Code 029 Job Title Banquet Captain
Department Food and Beverage - FOH Reports to Banquet Manager
Purpose: We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Role: The Banquet Captain will fill a leadership role in supporting the financial goals of the daily operation of the banquet facilities and/or other areas of the Food and Beverage departments. The Banquet Captain is responsible for supervising and assisting the complete physical set-up and/or breakdown and cleaning of banquet or catering function rooms to ensure the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability by providing prompt and courteous food and beverage service.
Full Time - Regular
$6.50 - $8.50/hr (hourly rate + gratuity)
Regency at Dominion Valley
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation.
- Supervise staff and event flow throughout the entire event.
- Assess staffing levels and their assignments
- Review banquet layouts and equipment as it pertains to the BEO.
- Communicate needs to servers, bartenders & support staff.
- Organize staff for pre-shift
- Check associates for the proper uniform.
- Complete functions in a timely manner in order to provide a quality guest experience
- Work with vendors for proper setup areas as it pertains to the BEO.
- Operate, maintain and clean all equipment used
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of the banquet room, exterior, and other areas as directed.
- Set up all banquet equipment for events
- Report all broken equipment or work request to the Restaurant Manager or F&B Director
- Effectively and professionally communicate with internal and external customers
- Ensure silverware, dishes, chafing ware, and various equipment is cleaned and polished before any event.
- Confirm and communicate any changes in the timeline and flow of the event.
- Make sure everything is ready and available for toasts, cake cutting, or any special events.
- Confirm any reserved seating and ensure the placement of signs.
- Assist Director of Sales with professional photos.
- Always be available to the Host and any VIP clients for any special needs.
- Previous Supervision experience is a plus.
- Minimum of one year working in food and beverage or similar training.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Response to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently work in high, precarious places
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally exposure to blood-borne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
- Frequently work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Frequently exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Frequently exposure to outside weather conditions
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequent evening and weekend work required
- Occasionally loud noise
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure the associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company:
Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up to Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up to Par Management | Taylor Hospitality exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.