Your career can take flight at the TWA Hotel, which opened in May 2019 at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport. The TWA Hotel is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic Hotel Manager to lead the operations effort for our first-class, 512-room destination hotel that has the historic Eero Saarinen designed 1962 TWA Flight Center. Bringing the magic of the Jet Age to JFK Airport, the hotel features ultra-quiet guest rooms with runway views as well as 50,000 square feet of Meeting & Event space that can host up to 1,400 people. The Food and Beverage offerings are, the Paris Café by Jean-George, the Sunken Lounge, “Connie” Cocktail lounge, and the Food Hall with grab-and-go dining. The hotel also offers high-end retail outlets, a TWA museum, a rooftop infinity pool and a 10,000-square-foot observation deck will contribute to a one-of-a-kind guest experience.
The Hotel Manager will report to TWA Hotel’s General Manager and will be responsible for achieving hotel profitability through superb operational leadership, revenue generation, cost control, and ensuring outstanding guest and team member satisfaction, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel. The ideal candidate for this position is a driver who is bottom line orientated. He or she must be highly motivated, self-directed, with a strong initiative and desire for achievement. He/she must also possess the ability to positively impact the daily operations for team members and guests.
• Manage the day to day operations of the TWA Hotel by touring the operating departments daily, ensuring the smooth operation and staffing in all areas and making adjustments as needed via department heads.
• Conduct weekly manager meetings, including weekly training sessions and review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
• Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with all operational department heads to ensure proper training, review of financials, goals and operational performance.
• Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through team members development and motivation.
• Attend and participate in operational line ups at least once a week
• Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
• Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and TWA standard checkbook Finance procedures.
• Oversee and assist in the TWA’s budget process as required.
• Oversee and assist in the hotel’s monthly forecast process as required.
• Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department
• Ensure that all department heads follow the payroll procedure, managing Overtime and meal break penalties
• Ensure that all operational departments as well as our vendors and partners follow the PCI compliance protocol.
• Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping, Engineer, and Food & Beverage leaders.
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers
• Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant operational management position within the hotel prior to any offer being extended.
• Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all department head members and ensure that they are in compliance to the standards in their administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
• Be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
• Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager
• Bachelors degree strongly preferred
• Minimum 6 years Director level Operations Management experience in a full-service hotel
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Rooms Division leadership role in a full-service hotel
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a F&B leadership role in a full-service hotel
• Extensive background leading successful Operational teams
• Management experience in a unionized hotel is preferred
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Extensive hotel customer service experience
• An aptitude for self-motivation
• A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach to hotel management
• A flexible schedule that allows you to be available days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by team members and guests.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must have a proven record of building and growing team satisfaction scores
MCR is the sixth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 85 premium-branded hotels across 26 states and 67 cities, including 50 Marriott properties, 30 Hilton properties, The High Line Hotel in downtown Manhattan, and the TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City (opening in spring 2019). The company’s innovative approach to guest services and unparalleled attention to detail are redefining the hotel experience and earning recognition from publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. MCR is an equal opportunity employer of more than 2,500 associates and is dedicated to providing an integrity-driven, merit-based working environment. Consistently honored with excellence awards, the company was named one of the United States top owners in 2018 by Hotel Business. For more information on MCR, please visit www.mcrhotels.com