US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for an Athlete Experience Coordinator working as part of the Sports Development Team. The successful candidate is detail oriented, customer focused, analytical, adapts well to change, and is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. We are looking for an individual that embodies “The USL Way” by positively influencing the sport and each other, providing outstanding service, being creative and innovative, practicing purposeful collaboration, being humble and honest and having fun! If you believe you can bring your own unique spirit, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
ABOUT US LACROSSE:
US Lacrosse, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, is the national governing body of men’s and women’s lacrosse and the home of the nation’s fastest-growing team sport. US Lacrosse coordinates all activities of the U.S. National Teams Program and has nearly 450,000 members across the country. Through responsive and effective leadership, US Lacrosse provides programs and services to inspire participation while protecting the integrity of the sport.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All applicants must submit a brief cover letter, resume and minimum salary requirements to be considered for the position directly via gethired.com to ensure completion of application even if applying through another site. Relocation expenses are generally not included for USL job openings.
Provides essential programmatic support, including logistics, marketing and communication services for initiatives related to the delivery and adoption of the Lacrosse Athlete Development Model (LADM) and the US Lacrosse programs that create opportunities and a positive experience for youth participating in lacrosse.
Expected Hours of Work:
US Lacrosse core business hours are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday. This position is generally expected to work 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday and occasionally requires longer hours or weekend work as related to events and other business needs.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Lacrosse experience is not required for this position. Knowledge of lacrosse or youth sports is beneficial.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters and tracks all data related to sports opportunity (grants) and athlete development programs and their participants in the US Lacrosse database (CRM) Pulls data and creates reports upon request.
- Answers inquiries about US Lacrosse opportunity programs and the LADM via phone and e-mail; Tracks leads and queries in the US Lacrosse CRM. Provides US Lacrosse customer experience team with information necessary to respond to inquiries.
- Assists with maintenance of the US Lacrosse website pages for LADM and opportunity programs, works with web developers to update as necessary.
- Provides project management support for athlete development and opportunity programs including e-learning development, webinars, marketing campaigns and promotions, press releases, announcements, and video production.
- Assists with the coordination and administration of coach development clinics.
- Facilitates working group and committee meetings as requested.
- Assists with research project coordination.
- Works with partnerships department to manage LADM and opportunity program sponsorship deliverables.
Opportunity Programs Responsibilities
- Receives processes and tracks all applications regarding opportunity programs; manages awarding process and all communication protocols with regional managers and applicants.
- Orders all equipment for US Lacrosse granting programs; tracks invoices and expenditures; reports regularly on expense data and budget.
- Assists with coordination of PE Lacrosse teacher workshops.
- Working with internal staff, coordinates the unified delivery of multiple US Lacrosse programs and services to targeted areas.
- Provides regular program impact report to regional managers and the US Lacrosse Foundation department.
Athlete Development Model Programmatic Responsibilities
- Works with internal staff, regional managers and local operators to execute all steps necessary to deliver TryLax Clinics nationally.
- Coordinates LADM player and adult education events hosted at the National Lacrosse Center. Works with facilities staff and special events staff when applicable.
- Works with special events department to deliver athlete development programming at US Lacrosse national events including tournaments, regional conferences, and the National Convention.
- Assists with the coordination of the LADM cohort program.
- Assists with delivery and tracking of support for LADM Model Program participants
- Assists with the implementation of the LADM education and certificate programs for program leaders and coach developers
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Should you need an accommodation due to disability, please contact the Human Resources department.
CORE VALUES & COMPETENCIES:
* We Influence – Written and Verbal Communication
* We Serve - Customer Focused
* We Create & Innovate - Creativity
* We Collaborate – Peer Relationships
* We are Humble & Honest – Integrity and Trust
* We Embrace Individuality – Diversity, and Inclusion
* We Have Fun – Humor
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years working in a professional environment
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with customer service orientation
- Comfortable with MS Office Suite
- Good written and verbal communication skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, able to follow standard operating procedures
- Experience planning and executing events
- Experience working with children or in youth sports
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions, including occasional extreme temperatures
- Lift and move boxes, supplies, and equipment up to 20-75lbs
US Lacrosse Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled