Provide safe and efficient transportation of club youth, staff and volunteers to approved outing and special events.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment for members, staff and volunteers while loading, riding and disembarking the Boys & Girls Club vehicle.
- Conduct regular maintenance checks on the vehicle. Maintain accurate log of vehicle registration, inspection, oil changes, tire rotations, and/or service or repairs. Provide recommendations for service as is needed.
- Ensure quality improvements by monitoring the After-school Pick-up Program against target goals, recommending modifications that respond to member’s and parent’s needs and interests.
- Establish and maintain collaborations with the surrounding schools, apartments and other community agencies.
- Serve as community liaison between parents and club.
- Maintain record of outreach activities and outcomes.
- Report and document incidents that occur while transporting members.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and provide creative ideas to stimulate program participation.
- Work with staff on special events and field trips.
- Assist staff/volunteers to carry out programs in all departments.
- Additional assignments as directed by Club Director.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with eternal community groups, schools, member’s parents and others to assist in resolving problems or building partnerships.
- Valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record (as is defined by the Boys & Girls Club).
- (25) Twenty-five years of age or higher. (Insurance requirement)
- Ability to interpret and adhere to all State driving safety laws and Boys & Girls Club vehicle operation regulations.
- Two (2) years of working with youth and families.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working with youth.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to interpret Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston, Inc programs and philosophy.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled