To prepare nutritious, appetizing and attractive meals, while working as a team with other culinary team members to provide smooth, efficient and safe operation of the kitchen area.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Culinary Arts Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in the culinary field.
- Ability to read and prepare recipes, in detail.
- Ability to work with staff and residents to resourcefully resolve food service problems.
- Possess computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, with residents and staff.
- Ability to work in a team setting and be a team player.
- Maintain a positive, respectful, and professional approach with coworkers and residents
- Ability to keep all business and operations information confidential.
- Possess excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under little supervision with time constraints while maintaining a high level of performance.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow safe food-handling procedures.
- Ensure that food, supplies and appropriate personnel are available for the meal and assists in coordinating prep for the following days menu.
- Complete leftover logs and use leftovers in a time safe and creative manner to minimize waste.
- Follow procedures for covering, labeling, dating and storing food in a timely manner.
- Ensure Temperature logs are completed at required time (Cooler, Freezer, Production Sheets, and Dishwasher).
- Oversee the Community Food Services staff and overall kitchen operation in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Assist in training new food service employees.
- Assign tasks as needed and assist in the set-up of special functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet the assigned work requirements of the job. Regular attendance is required.
- Serve as a role model for all employees by displaying a responsible, cooperative, and positive attitude.
- Represent the Community in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner.
- Adhere to dress/appearance code. Changes in attire may be dictated by special occasion or weather
- Follow specified procedures regarding the handling of contaminated material encountered in accidents or injuries on the Community premises.
- Attend education and training classes as necessary to fulfill state regulations applicable to the
Francois Bend is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled