The Restaurant Server is responsible for selling and serving drinks and food to our guests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve number of tables as determined by management.
- Have complete knowledge of ICONA’s menus and food preparation.
- Ability to sell alcohol and food items.
- Ability to use Aloha POS system to ring orders on a check.
- Ability to accept different types of payment and make change.
- Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed number of specific drinks.
- Ability to clear and reset tables.
- Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to server beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guest’s behavior, count number of drinks served, and if the server feels they should not drive, offer a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
A restaurant and bar environment. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time
Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
Lift minimum of 5lbs.-50 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time
Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Must be of legal age according to state regulations to serve alcohol.
Prior restaurant experience.
Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.