Senior Administrative Assistant
We are currently seeking an Senior Administrative Assistant to join our team in our Woodbury, MN 55125 location.
Who We Are:
Washington County Community Development Agency – From providing affordable housing, to helping small businesses create jobs, to funding critical services for the homeless - the work we do directly helps to make people’s lives better. To learn more about us, please visit us at: http://www.washingtoncountycda.org
About the Role:
This position is responsible for performing intermediate skilled administrative support work managing an office, supporting the agency Board of Commissioners and department heads, responds to public inquiries regarding agency programs, and related work as apparent or assigned.
What you’ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide skilled administrative support to the agency Board of Commissioners, Economic Development Director, Community Development Director and Finance Director, including calendar management, preparing correspondence, completing mailings, preparing power points, creating charts and spreadsheets for various reports, filing documents and organizing files, organizing and preparing reports for reproduction, and completing other administrative transactions.
- Coordinates the logistics of publishing meeting and public hearing notices for Board meetings, ensures the accuracy and completeness of board packets, assembles the board packets, and prepares the Board meeting room for Board and agency meetings as directed. Responsible for maintaining Commissioner electronic devices and assists commissioners with email and board packet communications, as necessary.
- Attends Board meetings, drafts minute, ensures the proper recording of meetings, and retention of audio recordings.
- Greets the public in a positive customer service approach.
- Assists Economic Development Director with routine tasks associated with marketing and advertising activities.
- Performs data entry in various electronic reporting and database systems for housing and economic development programs, prepares reports as directed. Tracks complaints related to the agency rental portfolio and prepares reports as directed.
- Performs initial troubleshooting and coordinates with vendors for services related to all office equipment, (cell phones, phone system, copiers, etc.); researches and recommends changes to service plans within the agency; monitors data back-up system; tracks and maintains records of all service contracts; manages vendor or contractor relationships; maintains and orders office supplies and furniture. Sets up and maintains telecommunication equipment on behalf of agency employees.
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources and Communication Coordinator on non-confidential matters.
- Manages and advises staff on appropriate use of the agency’s document management system. Provide guidance to staff as needed.
- Is responsible for tracking, labeling, and storing required original files and other historical records according to state and federal laws. Familiar with document management practices, state and federal laws regarding document preservation and destructions and keeps abreast of law changes.
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience:
- Associates/Technical degree with coursework in business administration, real estate, housing, or related field and 1-3 years’ experience handling and processing legal documents, managing an office, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of a related business certificate program may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Some knowledge of real estate and property management; skills serving program clients and building strategic relationships
- Ability to display project management and organizational skills
- Ability to display proficient communication skills
- Valid driver's license in the State of Minnesota
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Capable of efficiently leading and managing a team
- Ability to foster change, spark innovation and implement strategies
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems
- Expertise in analysis, critical decision making, and process improvement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel and Word
- An initial hiring range of $20.23 – $22.76 (hourly), with a current maximum rate of $28.53. Starting wage commensurate with experience and education.
- Comprehensive benefits package available including: generous health and dental insurance offerings, flexible spending accounts, employer-paid short and long-term disability, four weeks of PTO to begin, employer-funded retirement options, performance-based wage increases, and tuition reimbursement.
- A friendly working environment with great colleagues who are committed to making a difference in the community.
- A fantastic work location just off the interstate in Woodbury, close to shopping, restaurants, and recreation opportunities.
Please submit your cover letter, and resume
via the ‘Apply Now’ button!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Please, no phone calls or agency submissions!
Keywords: Administrative Specialist, Executive Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant, Executive Secretary, Administrative Coordinator, Administrative Director, Administrative Manager, Administrative Officer, Administrator, Business Administrator, Business Manager, Facilities Manager, Office Manager
Washington County CDA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled