Our mission is to enrich lives through the visual arts. Accredited by the American Association of Museums and a member of the Association of Art Museum Directors, the Oklahoma City Museum of Art serves over 125,000 visitors annually from all fifty states and thirty foreign countries and presents exhibitions from prestigious museums throughout the world. The Museum’s permanent collection covers a period of five centuries with strengths in European and American art from the nineteenth through twenty-first centuries, contemporary art, and one of the world’s largest public collections of glass sculpture by Dale Chihuly. The Museum boasts the region’s premier repertory cinema, which screens the finest international, independent, and classic films. Amenities include the Museum Store, the Roof Terrace, and the Museum Cafe, a full-service restaurant, offering lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch, a full bar, and catering services.
The Oklahoma City Museum of Art is currently seeking a full time Facilities Manager to join our staff. This position is reponsibile for ensuring that the Museum operates efficiently by performing and/or overseeing all building related services including building maintenance, grounds, overall housekeeping and custodial support. This position is also responsiblie for providing facility related support for all special events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and perform maintenance to the physical building and systems.
- Supervise, train and schedule the Building Support Associates.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Safety and Security in the absence of the Director of Operations.
- Maintains property including but not limited to offices, production areas, public areas, building grounds and equipment through development and implementation of preventive maintenance program; ensures all maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely, cost-effective manner and according to all specifications.
- Manages organization’s physical operations including but not limited to refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, plumbing, water treatment, and electric systems.
- Interfaces with appropriate staff/managers to receive information regarding maintenance needs; ensures timely response to requests.
- Manage and oversee all work performed by outside contractors.
- Develops, implements, and monitors department budget; manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Monitors and maintains proper inventory levels; authorizes purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Ensures all fire and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies corrected; ensures property is in compliance with all safety and sanitation policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff/managers to plan and execute building support for set up and take down of special events.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports as required.
- Directly supervises four employees within the Facilities department.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops maintenance staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Plans and assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance; rewarding and disciplining employees and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Three to five years related experience or equivalent education, training and experience required
- Associates Degree in Business Management, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent is preferred
- Knowledge of ventilation/air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and other generally accepted maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of city and state building codes, OSHA requirements, and ADA laws.
- Knowledge of Metasys HVAC system
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Working knowledge of MS Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button.
Oklahoma City Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer