- Must be able to work early morning shift including weekends and holidays.
- Must have previous F&B supervisory or management experience.
- Post-offer, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
To instill customer focus, quality of service, product value, and to realize the profit. To strive for restaurant profitability and continued improvement and growth of the operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Oversee staff scheduling. Be willing and able to assist as needed in a hands-on field.
- Understand cost control, profit and loss, and budget accountability.
- Coordinate with Food & Beverage Director to place daily food orders.
- Work with Food & Beverage Director to ensure preparedness daily, streamline operation, focus on quality, service, and profitability.
- Forecast purchasing needs and appropriate inventory levels.
- Monitor and control the receiving and storage of food and beverage products.
- Maintain vendor contracts and financial accountability for daily receipts.
- Maintain open communication with the kitchen manager and other back of the house staff.
- Responsible for the communication of and adherence to OSHA standards/DHEC guidelines and safety procedures in the restaurant. Strive for a standard above the minimum requirements according to budget.
- Provide input to Director in preparation of operations and capital budget along with marketing plan to improve/increase sales.
- Support functions at the Convention Center and attend meetings as per F & B Director.
- Cleaning duties including emptying trash, sweeping, mopping and washing dishes.
- Ensure that the work area is cleaned and sanitized for the following shift.
- Ensure daily buffet menu and cleaning lists are followed.
- Check servers deposit for accuracy.
Other duties may be assigned.
Oversees 20 to 25 employees at Tena’s Restaurant. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the restaurant. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. In the Directors absence, ensure Jason’s Café opens properly.
This individual must have the ability to assess and evaluate business levels and schedule employees accordingly. The ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment is essential to this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or culinary background; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The heat level in the work environment is usually very hot.