The LSU Alumni Association is searching for a self-motivated, forward-thinking person responsible for implementation, integration, support, and ultimate success of new software focused on professional networking and online community growth. The Alumni Community Systems Manager serves as day-to-day project manager for alumni community software and also serves as a support for digital marketing initiatives.
The Alumni Community Systems Manager is also responsible for the successful use of software systems and programs after implementation and providing user training, support, and feedback on the online community platform. The Alumni Community Systems Manager will leverage the platform for various initiatives such as marketing events, social media, fundraising/development, mentorship, job postings, and also will assist with overall LSUAA chapter engagement. This position will work alongside members of the Alumni Engagement department to focus on the growth of the online LSU alumni community in support of the mission of the LSU Alumni Association.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communications, marketing or related field.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work extra hours; working and communication on weekends and holidays can be expected.
- Preferred experience with data collection and enrichment on databases and CRM systems.
- Preferred experience developing online communities/networks and web content.
Physical requirements & Work Environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices.
- Graphic design experience, working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Comfortable with travel including but not limited to driving, flying, bus, and train.