Looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a fun service-minded environment? Railroad & Industrial Federal Credit Union is the place for you. Apply online today! Visit us at https://www.rifcu.org/About/Careers.aspx to view our latest job openings and employee benefits.
Part-Time Junior Collector - 50th Street
We seek to fill this Junior Collector position with a responsible individual who is tasked with bankruptcy duties, post repossession clerical duties, processing invoices and insurance. The Junior Collector will act as liaison between external recovery vendors. Also,will maintain departmental reports; assist members with developing payment plans to bring delinquent accounts current; skip trace; perform duties in compliance with Fair Debt Collection Act, other collection regulations, and in accordance with the Credit Union policies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Credit union experience preferred
- 6+ months of financial collection & skip tracing experience
- Intermediate PC skills including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Effective communication, negotiation, problem solving and persuasive skills
- Assertiveness in working with difficult members
- Ability to prioritize daily workload and meet goals and deadlines of job functions
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Dependability, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Bilingual Spanish/English helpful
Hours: This position is part-time of 25 hours weekly. Applicants must be available to work shift 8 am - 5 pm Monday through Thursday, 8 am - 6 pm on alternate Fridays. Overtime may be required if business needs warrant.
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer, D/M/F/V